My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.lemuriabooks.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Thomas Sowell

It's hard not to pay attention to politics during an election year. Yesterday morning John and I were talking about Thomas Sowell's column and how we both appreciated his ability to cut through the nonsense and hammer away at the central issue. His books don't have the most brightly-colored covers, or the most attention-grabbing titles, but I think his approach to the material is entertaining to read, insightful, and educational (which sounds dry but isn't).

Some of my favorites of his works are Basic Economics, Applied Economics, and A Conflict of Visions. I haven't read The Vision of the Anointed yet, but I think that's next -- in it Sowell examines public policy and the disconnect between intentions and results.

0 comments: