My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.lemuriabooks.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, August 3, 2007

Broken Thing by Marlin Barton

I really liked this book! Oh, I know you are thinking, not another story about a 'dysfunctional family'. I thought that also until I started reading and then I couldn't put it down. Marlin Barton does a fantastic job of letting us know how each character feels. Each chapter is from one member of the family's point of view. We learn how different interpretations of one situation can lead to chaos in a family and how decisions of one generation can affect the next generation and even the one after that. You will recognize one if not all of these characters: either you know one or you are one. Marlin Barton recognizes that just because your family doesn't live up to America's ideal of 'family values' doesn't mean that it is ruined or destroyed. - Maggie Lowery

0 comments: