My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.lemuriabooks.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Reading is Everywhere

For many elementary, middle and high school students, now is the time to start digging into summer reading books (if you haven't already). Here in Oz we have several different titles to choose from and for many of the upper level readers, we already have the books sectioned off in a summer reading area. For those of you who have the option of choosing books from lists, I would like to recommend some authors and titles for you. For younger readers around third and fourth grade, Judy Blume is an excellent author and has books that deal with several different subjects. My favorites are her books about the Hatcher family. I think that for middle-schooled readers, the Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry series by Mildred D. Taylor would be a fabulous choice. Another good one is Lois Lowry's The Giver. For the high school students I would like to suggest two classics that I think every person should read in his or her lifetime: The Great Gatsby and To Kill a Mockingbird, two of my all-time favorite books.
So come on by Oz and take some time to see which books are on your list or which books work best for you. And as always we'll have someone here to help you make a decision if you so desire. Until next time!

0 comments: