My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.lemuriabooks.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Oldies But Goodies


One day a customer came into Oz and told me that she was looking for a book for her nine-year-old daughter. When I think back to my days of third and fourth grade the first author that always comes to mind is Judy Blume. I practically grew up on Peter and Farley Drexel "Fudge" Hatcher. I cannot count the number of times my parents had to shush my laughter while I read about the trouble that Fudge got into. Plus I could definitely relate to Peter, Fudge's older brother, because I too have a younger sibling and he used to always get more attention from my parents - or so it seemed that way. Whereas I was always a well-behaved young child my brother was constantly getting into something and my parents were always taking his side, just like Fudge!

So the next time you come to Oz don't forget to check out some of these classic stories such as Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing or Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great. I'm almost positive that middle-aged readers (and perhaps even older ones) will absolutely enjoy every story that Blume has to offer!

0 comments: